Rajeev is a Data Scientist and a founder member of the Data Analysis Core Group (DACG), and a Professor in the Department of Statistics, University of Lucknow, INDIA.
Rajeev was born and educated in Lucknow. He did the graduation and Post-Graduation (Mathematical Statistics) from the University of Lucknow and completed his PhD in Statistics from University of Lucknow. He moved to The University of Kumaun, Nainital in 1986 where he stayed there until 2006 in a succession of research and teaching positions. His main interest there was to develop synergetic developments of Uttarakhand and associated in various government and corporate sector projects as a Statistician. He resumed the position of Reader in the department of Statistics in December 2006 and presently working as Professor in Statistics, University of Lucknow since 2009.
A number of Administrative Positions in University of Lucknow was occupied by Rajeev as Deputy Director, UGC Academic Staff College (2010-2012), Coordinator- UGC NET Examinations (2012), Chief Admission Coordinator (2012), Treasurer & Secretary, Lucknow University Athletic Association (2010-2013), Superintendent Examinations & Result (2012), In Charge – Computer Centre, Provost- International Hostel for a quite long period, In Charge- Desktop Publication Cell and as an In Charge he developed the website of Lucknow University……….
He has been…
- An Expert Member of Panchayat Rajya Committee of First Finance Commission of Uttarakhand.
- Member of International Society of Bayesian Analysis, USA.
- Member of NRDMS (Almora), Uttaranchal.
- Life Member of ICISBA, India.
- Member of various academic bodies of number of universities in India.
- Four major projects carried sponsored by UGC, DST & Government of Uttarakhand.
- Supervised a number of scholars for Ph.D. degrees.
- Expert Member in UP, Bihar, Uttarakhand, MP Public Service Commissions and in Staff Selection Commissions, UGC, UPSC, CSIR, CDRI, SGPGI and various Universities / State & Central Government Institutes all across the country.
- Member in Advisory Board of Psycho-Technical Directorate of Ministry of Indian Railways.
- Delivered more than 1500 invited lectures at various universities, Government and Corporate sectors in various topics especially in Communications in Statistics, SPSS, MCMC, STATISTICAL COMPUTING, EM & Machine Learning Algorithm, Simulation, BAYESIAN Predictive Modeling.
- Data consultant to various government and corporate sectors.
- Involved in tackling various genuine problems with data provided by industry and government sponsors using statistical software.
- Presently imparting training of Statistical Software to UP Police Officials for Data Analysis and to the officials of Tata Motors and many more…